- Crerar Forest: Urban Forest Walk TONIGHT
- How to address Hamilton’s urban forest woes
- Urban forests used for dumping
- Ecosystem services – why it’s important
- Newly drafted woodlot protection by-law passed unanimously
- Act now to show support for Hamilton’s new woodlot by-law
- Hamilton’s Urban Forest Needs Better Protection – by Giuliana Casimirri
- Before and after of Crerar forest, comparing 2009 and 2013
- Write your city councillor now, they are set to vote in February 2014
- Urban forest protection draft bylaw delayed again
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (6)
- March 2013 (6)
- February 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (7)
- November 2012 (16)
- October 2012 (1)
- January 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (1)
- January 2009 (1)
Tag Archives: Upper Wellington
Photos of heavy, large machinery inside the forest as the cutting begins. Advertisements
Photos of blooming wildflowers in the Crerar forest. [Photos: J.A.]
Heavy machinery at work inside the forest.
Here are photos of Crerar forest, taken on November 20, 2012.
Aerial photography of Crerar forest taken on a flight November 18, 2012.
The Eramosa Escarpment is separate from the Niagara Escarpment, located south of, and running parallel to it; and passing right through the Crerar Forest. In the City of Hamilton, it is composed of a steep slope that faces north and … Continue reading
Here are photos taken of the Crerar area forest, taken on November 11, 2012. The forest appears to be having its trees cut down from within. It has been taking place over approximately the last two weeks. MANY of these … Continue reading
Here is a tree recently cut down in the Crerar area forest.
For now, we will be going though all of the aerial and ground photos, gathering together what best documents the changes that have occurred in Hamilton since just around 2009. Sometimes we’re just too busy to notice what is happening around … Continue reading
(CLICK ON TITLE TO SEE IMAGES) Here is some local beauty, natural and cultivated, in the Crerar neighbourhood, on Sirente, in Hamilton, Ontario.