- Crerar Forest: Urban Forest Walk TONIGHT
- How to address Hamilton’s urban forest woes
- Urban forests used for dumping
- Ecosystem services – why it’s important
- Newly drafted woodlot protection by-law passed unanimously
- Act now to show support for Hamilton’s new woodlot by-law
- Hamilton’s Urban Forest Needs Better Protection – by Giuliana Casimirri
- Before and after of Crerar forest, comparing 2009 and 2013
- Write your city councillor now, they are set to vote in February 2014
- Urban forest protection draft bylaw delayed again
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (6)
- March 2013 (6)
- February 2013 (6)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (7)
- November 2012 (16)
- October 2012 (1)
- January 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (1)
- January 2009 (1)
Tag Archives: cut
Forests and People – Yann Arthus-Bertrand Advertisements
An ambitious plan to grow one of Canada’s largest urban parks is in need of about $5 million in fundraising fertilizer. A long-standing vision… READ MORE at thespec.com…
“What we’re seeing is a global phenomenon,” said ecologist David Lindenmayer of Australian National University, lead author of a paper published in a recent edition of the journal Science. READ MORE at thestar.com…
Stunning before and after photos a beautiful, rich forest show the stark result at the hands of a developer.
Here is a story one of our group found from May 2012. In Oakville, on Lakeshore, the same thing is happening, and look who the developer is, same as who is destroying the Crerar forest. One resident from Oakville is … Continue reading
Photos of heavy, large machinery inside the forest as the cutting begins.
Heavy machinery at work inside the forest.
Here are photos of Crerar forest, taken on November 20, 2012.
Aerial photography of Crerar forest taken on a flight November 18, 2012.